This week I chose to use the Poinsettia image. I love this poinsettia. I printed it out twice to make if fuller and then after coloring it with Copic Markers and Prisma Pencils I fancy cut it out.
I altered a matchbox to use in making my card. It was a little tricky because the matchboxes are made out of a thinner cardboard than I would have used if I were to just make a box. So, sometimes on the ends it was hard to measure up the designer paper. But I made the adjustments and it turned out rather nice. After coloring my poinsettia I attached the top image to the bottom and added some white pearls for the centers. All of the flower got some "Starburst Stickles" added to it.
This is a "Christmas Tag Gift Box" and I am going to give these to a couple of my crafting buddies for Christmas. Each box has 4 tags in it and on each tag I printed out the same Poinsettia Image, only smaller. I also printed the sentiment "With Love At Christmas" on the front of the tags. On the back side of the tag I stamped each with a "To: and From:" stamp. I thought you would like to see the project with the bottom slid opened. I used a Spellbinders Die to cut my tags. They fit nicely right in the matchbox. Actually you could use this gift box for any kind of treat or candy or anything...lol
My Card Recipe:
Image - Poinsettia Set - Digital Delights by LoubyLou'
Sentiment - "Love at Christmas" - Christmas Sentiment Set - Digital Delights by LoubyLou
Dies - Spellbinders - "Labels Seventeen" - Hobby Lobby
Dies - "Pine Branches B146" - Cheery Lynn Designs
Everything Else - My Stash
I am entering my creation in the following Challenges:
- Crimbo Crackers - #29 Anything holiday/festive goes
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Tags or Gifts
- Pixie Dust Studio - Winter Holiday Creations
- Sassy Studio Designs - #153 Christmas Anything BUT a Card
- Simply Create - Always anything goes
- Crafting for all Seasons - #41 Flowers
- Creative Moments - Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter Challenge - #92 Christmas
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- Whimsy Inspiration - #53 Traditional Christmas colors
- Anything Goes Challenge - #82 Tags
- Party Time Tuesdays - PTT #96 Anything Goes
- Tuesday Alchemy - #42 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes!
Sassy Raggedy aka Joann