Every Wednesday we will be showcasing new techniques and tutorials using Eureka Stamps and QKR Stampede Products.
Today, we are showing you examples of what to expect from this new team. So please be sure and drop by the Eureka and QKR blogs to view our projects.
For our introductory cards, we are showing you the step by step instructions on our personal blogs.
So lets get to it...First I am going to show you my Finished Card.
- Rubber Stamp - #22701(611) Bethlehem with Verse - Eureka Stamps
- Card Stock or Designer Paper
- Paint Brush - Heating Gun
- Sticky Powder - Eureka Stamps
- Mica Metallic Collection Powder - Eureka Stamps
- Dryer Sheet or Swifter Sheet
- Apply VersaMark to your rubber stamp. If you are not familiar with this product it is very sticky.
- Once applied you will need to stamp whatever card stock of paper you have decided to use.
- Normally you would use an acrylic block under your stamp to apply to your paper however because the stamp I chose had a printed verse I decided to apply without the block.
- Apply your Sticky Powder by sprinkling all over your stamped design.
- Let set for about 1 minute.
- Gently shake off the excess powder on a sheet of paper and tap your card stock or designer paper lightly to get any excess off.
- Fold your paper with the excess sticky powder and put back into your container.
- This is what your project will look like after you have applied the Sticky Powder.
- Basically looks like a really white snowy scene.
- Very pretty but we are going to make it ever better.
- Now you are ready to use the heating gun on your project.
- I use mine on low speed and let it heat up.
- Hold your heating gun away from your project. You will get the hang of how close you need to be.
- Once you see the Sticky Powder start to turn shiny you will need to work fast and continue over the rest of your image. Do not go back over the image - you just want it to turn shiny.
- In this picture you can see the start of the process.
- As you can see in this photo your image now is all shiny and looks a little wet.
- Be careful not to touch the image.
- This is my favorite part - I love watching it change.
- Now you are ready to add your Mica Powder.
- I chose to use a silver Metallic Mica Powder.
- Depending on the color of your card stock or designer papers you can use a variety of powders.
- Take your paint brush (just an inexpensive brush) and lightly dip in your powder.
- Does not take a lot of powder on your brush.
- Gently brush you powder over the image and watch the magic begin!
- I try not to apply too much of the mica powder at a time. You want to keep an even texture.
- Once you have completely covered your image you will see it is a little cloudy.
- This is where you are going to use the dryer sheet - some also use a Swifter cloth.
- Gently rub your dryer sheet across the image to remove any excess powder.
- Basically you are done with the technique tutorial.
- Since the VersaMark is so sticky I use "Goo Gone" and it cleans the stamp wonderfully.
So there you have it....Now you are ready to continue on to make your card!
I started my card with a white scalloped card base. My designer papers consist of greys, blacks and silver. My embellishments are basically silver and white. The verse is from Luke 2:10-11.
I am entering my card in the following Challenges:
- Artistic Inspirations - Always Anything Goes
- Hooked on Craft - Christmas
- Pretty Little Ribbon - Christmas
- The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint - Merry Christmas
- Sentimental Sundays - Focus on the Sentiment
- Stamptacular Sunday - Emboss me
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - #104 Anything goes as long as it is Christmas
- Di's Digis Designs - Christmas
- Paper Creator's Crafts - #2 Black, White and one other colour
- WordArt Wednesdays - #59 Glory to God
- Penny's Paper-Crafty - #107 Christmas
- Freshly Brewed - #125 Christmas
- Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything with a sentiment
- Craft Us Crazy - Merry Christmas
- Crimbo Crackers - Sentiment as Focus
- Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes
- Pixie Dust Studio - Christmas using Non-Traditional Colours
If you are interested in joining our team, please go to the Eureka Stamps and QKR Stampede Blogs and insert your name. Thanks so much for stopping by today and let me know what you think....
Merry Christmas to everyone and I wish for all my crafting friends a wonderful New Year.
Sassy Raggedy aka Joann